20 Minute Thai Basil Beef Rolls
Spicy, sweet, tangy, and salty...enjoy as an appetizer or serve alongside steamed rice for a quick dinner!
- 1½ pounds ground beef (or chicken or pork)
- black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger ( or ¼ cup candied ginger)
- 1-3 teaspoons Chinese 5 spice
- ⅓ cup tamari or soy sauce
- ¼ cup Thai chili sauce (homemade in notes)
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 4 Persian cucumbers, chopped
- 2 cups cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup Thai basil, chopped
- ⅓ cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 8-10 flour tortillas, warmed
- chili paste, for serving
- toasted sesame oil, for serving
- In a large skillet, cook the beef with black pepper over medium heat, breaking up the meat as it cooks until browned, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, and Chinese 5 spice, cook another minute. Add the tamari and sweet Thai chili sauce. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook until the sauce coats the beef, 3-5 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons of chopped green onions. remove from the heat.
- Place one tortilla at a time in the microwave for 15 seconds. Spoon the beef down the center, then top with cucumber, cilantro, basil, green onion, and peanuts. Fold the tortilla over the filling. Then fold the sides and ends of the tortillas over the filling and roll forward. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve warm with extra soy, chili paste, and toasted sesame oil for dipping. To make this a dinner, serve with rice on the side.
All rights and material belong to owners halfbakedharvest.com