Thai Basil Pork Belly
Thai basil pork belly is a simple, bang-for-your-buck restaurant quality meal, requiring just 10 ingredients and 15 minutes. Just serve with rice and a veg!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 3 Thai bird chilies (thinly sliced)
- 1 pound lean pork belly (thinly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce (or Thai thin soy sauce)
- 2 teaspoons Thai black soy sauce (or 1 teaspoon Chinese dark soy sauce)
- 1½ cups holy basil or Thai basil leaves
- In a wok over medium heat, add the oil, garlic, and chilies. Cook for 1 minute. Crank up the heat to high, and add the pork belly. Stir-fry until caramelized and a little crisp, 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar, fish sauce, oyster sauce, and soy sauces. Stir-fry for 1 minute, and add the basil. Stir-fry until the basil is wilted. Serve immediately.