Broccoli Cheddar Soup
This is the best soup you will ever try!
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- ¼ c. all-purpose flour
- 3 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large head broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 c. whole milk
- 3 c. shredded cheddar, plus more for garnish
- Baguette, for serving
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and celery and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Whisk in flour and let cook 1 minute. Slowly add chicken broth and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in broccoli and carrots. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Let simmer until vegetables are tender, 20 minutes.
- Slowly add milk and bring to a simmer, then stir in cheddar.
- Season with salt and pepper and top with more cheddar. Serve with baguette.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com