Pumpkin SpaghettiOs with Crispy Bacon
This pasta dish is one of the best ways to use up leftover ingredients from Thanksgiving–it features pumpkin purée, tomato, and crispy bacon, with some cheesy additions for extra comfort!
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves, plus more for garnish
- 6 Tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp chicken bouillon paste or 2 cubes, optional
- 2 cups water
- 8 oz anellini pasta or small pasta of choice
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- In a large deep skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until golden and crispy, about 8-10 minutes. Transfer the bacon to a bowl, leaving the rendered fat in the skillet.
- Add the butter, garlic, and thyme to the pan and sauté until the garlic is soft and aromatic.
- Add the tomato paste, salt, black pepper, onion powder, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Use a spatula to stir the tomato paste into the butter and spices, then cook until it turns a deeper dark red in color, about 2 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin purée, apple cider vinegar, and sugar and stir into the tomato paste mixture. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the chicken bouillon, if using, and the water. Gently stir to incorporate. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook, stirring often, until the pasta is al dente, 13-15 minutes.
- Add the Parmesan and stir until the cheese is melted.
- Divide the pasta between serving bowls and top with the crispy bacon and more Parmesan and thyme. Serve immediately.
All rights and material belong to owners Tasty