Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows
This healthier sweet potato casserole with marshmallows is made with golden raisins, crushed pineapple and spices topped with pecans and mini marshmallows.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, about 5 medium, peeled
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1 tsp agave, or honey, brown sugar
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch allspice
- 8 oz can unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Cut sweet potatoes into large chunks; boil potatoes in a large pot covered with water until potatoes are soft if pierced with a fork. Drain and return to the pot.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Mash the sweet potatoes and add in raisins, agave, spices and pineapple.
- Lightly spray a pie dish, casserole dish or even individual ramekins with oil, spoon in sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle with pecans and marshmallows.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
All rights and material belong to owners skinnytaste.com