Teriyaki Turkey Burger with Yum Yum Sauce
These teriyaki-glazed turkey burgers are legit our fave way to eat turkey burgers!
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- ½ sweet onion, grated
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- 2 Tbsp teriyaki sauce, plus more for brushing
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt, plus more to taste
- A few cracks of black pepper
- 4 Hawaiian hamburger buns
- 8 Tbsp yum yum sauce (recipe on my blog!)
- 16 cucumber slices
- Salt, to taste
- 4 Tbsp pink pickled onions
- 4 Tbsp roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- Make the patties: add the ground turkey, onion, ginger paste, teriyaki sauce, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to a large bowl. Mix well, then form into 4 patties, making an indentation in the middle of each one to prevent the patties puffing up during cooking. Season the patties with more salt.
- Preheat the grill to high, then place the turkey burgers on the grates. Close the grill lid and cook for 5 minutes, or until the burgers no longer stick to the grates. Carefully flip the patties, then add another splash of teriyaki sauce to each one, brushing it on to help it stick. Cook for a few more minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C).
- Assemble the burgers: Just before the turkey burgers are done cooking, toast the buns on the grill until golden brown. Remove the patties and buns from the grill.
- Smear the yum yum sauce over the bottom half of each toasted bun. Add a cooked turkey burger patty, cucumbers, a pinch of salt, pickled red onions, and cilantro, then top each one with a little more yum yum sauce and the top buns.
All rights and material belong to owners Tasty