Eggplant Parmesan Rollatini
Comfort food at its finest, this dish manages to be elegant at the same time.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large eggplants (about 3 pounds total), sliced lengthwise (about 16 slices total)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1½ cups marinara sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15-ounce container ricotta
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 cups grated mozzarella (8 ounces)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan (1½ ounces)
- Heat oven to 450° F. Divide the oil between 2 rimmed baking sheets. Dividing evenly, arrange the eggplant slices in a single layer on the baking sheets and turn to coat in the oil; season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Bake the eggplant, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until soft and beginning to brown, 12 to 15 minutes; let cool. Reduce heat to 400° F.
- Meanwhile, in the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch or some other 3-quart baking dish, spread ½ cup of the marinara sauce. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, ricotta, oregano, 1 cup of the mozzarella, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Place about 3 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture on one end of a slice of eggplant, roll it up, and transfer it to the prepared baking dish.
- Repeat with the remaining eggplant slices and ricotta mixture.
- Top the eggplant rolls with the remaining cup of marinara sauce and the remaining cup of mozzarella. Sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Bake until the cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Eggplant Parmesan Rollatini: Melty, golden, and perfectly bubbly (via Real Simple)Get the recipe: http://bit.ly/2q87B16
Julkaissut MyRecipes Tiistaina 25. huhtikuuta 2017