Guinness Chocolate Cake
Elevate a decadent chocolate cake by using beer in both the batter and sweet caramel glaze.
- 2 cups Guinness beer
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups sugar, divided
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- Vanilla sugar
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a pot, melt the butter with 1 cup of Guinness beer. Stir in cocoa powder and 2 cups sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs with sour cream and vanilla sugar. Slowly add the chocolate sauce, stirring to combine. Add flour and baking soda and stir until combined.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured springform pan. Bake for 40–50 minutes.
- To make the caramel: In a sauce pot, add remaining 1 cup sugar and a little water to boil. Cook until caramelized, then add beer and simmer until caramel becomes thick.
- Let cake cool, then drizzle it with caramel and sprinkle with sea salt.
Here’s a video that shows you how to make it:
Moist Guinness Chocolate Cake Save this recipe: https://taste.md/2pfuceQ
Posted by Sweeten on Monday, May 1, 2017