Peaches ‘N’ Cream Poke 'Box' Cake
You'll want to bookmark this one.
- 1 box white cake batter, prepared according to package instructions
- 6 peaches, peeled and chopped
- 6 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 cups whipped cream (120 g)
- 2 peaches, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease a 9x13-inch (23x33cm) baking dish with nonstick spray. Pour the white cake batter into the baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the center is cooked through.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the peaches, condensed milk, and heavy cream. Use the whisk to break up the peaches.
- Remove cake from oven and let cool for 30 minutes or until room temperature.
- Once the cake is cool, use the rounded end of a wooden spoon to poke 6 rows of 5 holes in the cake. Tip: Clean off the end of the wooden spoon after every other hole to prevent making cracks in the cake.
- Pour the peach mixture over the cake and use a spatula to spread it, filling all of the holes. Some of the mixture will stay on top of the cake. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Remove the cake from the fridge and use a spatula to cover the cake in whipped cream. Then, arrange the peach slices on top in 5 rows of 11 slices.
- Pairs well with Chardonnay.