Lemon Blueberry Upside Down Cake
Lemon Blueberry Upside Down Cake is everything you crave during spring.
- FOR THE BLUEBERRY TOPPING
- 2 c. blueberries
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- FOR THE CAKE
- Cooking spray
- 1¾ c. all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ c. (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- ½ c. lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¾ c. whole milk
- FOR GARNISH
- 1 c. cold heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- ¼ c. fresh blueberries
- 3 slices lemon, cut into quarters
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease an 8” round cake pan with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine blueberries with sugar and lemon juice and toss to coat. Pour mixture into prepared baking pan and arrange into an even layer.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, then add lemon zest and vanilla and beat until combined. Add half the dry ingredients to wet ingredients, beating until just combined. Pour in milk and mix until fully incorporated. Add remaining dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour cake batter over blueberries and smooth with a spatula. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 1 hour. Let cool in pan 15 minutes then invert onto a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, make topping: In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat heavy cream and powdered sugar together until stiff peaks form. Top cake with whipped cream and garnish with blueberries and lemon slices and serve immediately.
Lemon Blueberry Upside Down Cake is everything you crave during spring. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/7JDUq9g
Julkaissut Delish Maanantaina 8. huhtikuuta 2019