Brie Mac & Cheese
OMG BRIE MAC & CHEESE!
- 1 (35-oz.) wheel brie
- 1 lb. to ½ lb elbow macaroni, depending on brie size
- 2 c. fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ c. panko bread crumbs
- ½ c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. red chili flakes
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut off the top rind of brie then place brie in a skillet about its same size. Bake until brie is bubbling and totally melted throughout, about 25 minutes. (The exact time will vary depending on how big your wheel of brie is, so start checking after about 15 minutes!)
- Meanwhile, cook macaroni. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook macaroni according to package instructions. Save about 1 cup pasta water, then drain and transfer elbows to a large bowl.
- Toss macaroni with spinach, bacon, garlic, and oil and season with salt and pepper. In another medium bowl, stir together panko, Parmesan, oregano, and red chili flakes.
- After removing brie from oven, immediately add elbows to skillet and toss until coated using tongs. If the brie is too thick, gradually add pasta water to loosen. Spread the coated macaroni into an even layer, then top with your panko mixture. Return to the oven to crisp the topping, 8 to 10 minutes more. Top with parsley and serve immediately.