S'mores Millionaire Bars
When we feel like being fancy, we make Millionaire Shortbread. When we're feeling extra, we make s'mores millionaire bars!
- FOR THE SHORTCAKE LAYER
- ½ c. (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1½ c. all-purpose flour
- ¼ c. crushed graham cracker, plus more for garnish
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- FOR THE CARAMEL LAYER
- 1 (11-oz.) package caramel squares
- ¼ tbsp. heavy cream
- FOR THE MARSHMALLOW LAYER
- ½ c. (1 stick) butter
- ¾ c. marshmallow crème
- ¼ c. powdered sugar
- Pinch kosher salt
- FOR THE CHOCOLATE LAYER
- 1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Flaky sea salt, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 9"-x-5" loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat together butter and powdered sugar until combined, then add vanilla. Add flour, graham cracker crumbs, and salt and beat until combined.
- Press shortbread dough into loaf pan and bake until lightly golden, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make caramel layer: In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stir caramels and cream together until melted, 5 minutes. Pour over cooled shortbread crust. Refrigerate while making marshmallow layer.
- Make marshmallow layer: In a large bowl, beat butter and marshmallow fluff until light and fluffy. Beat in powdered sugar and salt until smooth. Spread mixture in an even layer over caramel layer. Freeze 15 minutes.
- Combine chocolate chips and butter in a medium, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at half power for 30 second intervals, stirring after each round, until chocolate is smooth and melted. Spread in an even layer over marshmallow layer. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and graham crumbs and refrigerate until firm, 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, slice into 2" strips. Keep refrigerated.