This crisp will make you forget pumpkin pie ever existed. The crunchy topping is the perfect accompaniment to the smooth pumpkin filling.
- Cooking spray, for pan
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1 (15-oz.) can pumpkin purée
- ⅔ c. heavy cream
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- FOR THE TOPPING
- 1½ c. all-purpose flour
- 1½ c. dark brown sugar
- Pinch kosher salt
- ¾ c. cold butter, in ½" cubes
- 1 c. chopped pecans
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease a skillet with cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar. When smooth and fully combined, add pumpkin, cream, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and ½ tsp kosher salt. Whisk until smooth and blended. Pour into prepared pan.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the flour, brown sugar, and salt to combine and break up any clumps of brown sugar. Scatter the cubed butter over the dry ingredients and pulse again until crumbs form. Stir in the pecans.
- In the palm of your hand, press handfuls of the topping into rough balls. Break off teaspoon-sized pieces and place over the pumpkin.
- Bake until the filling is set and the top is golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.