Fried Piña Colada Rings
These taste JUST like a Piña Colada.
- 8 pineapple rings
- 1 c. dark rum
- 1 c. coconut rum
- 1½ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 (10-oz.) bag sweetened coconut
- 2 large eggs
- ½ c. coconut milk
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ c. powdered sugar
- Place pineapple rings in a medium bowl. Cover with rum and let soak for at least 1 hour. Drain and reserve rum. Pat pineapple dry.
- Place flour and coconut in 2 shallow bowls. In a third shallow bowl, whisk eggs and coconut milk together. Working one at a time, dip pineapple in flour, then egg mixture, then in coconut, pressing to coat.
- In a deep, heavy bottom pot, add enough oil to come 1-inch up sides. In batches, add pineapple and fry until golden, 1 minute per side. Remove using a slotted spoon and place on paper towel-lined plate.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar until no lumps remain. Add 2 tablespoons reserved rum and mix to combine. Add more rum as necessary to thin.
- Serve fried pineapple rings with sauce for dipping.