Peanut Butter Icebox Cake
This is the perfect make-ahead dessert. The longer it chills, the easier it will be to get a clean slice. Make it tonight and you'll be thanking yourself tomorrow.
- 1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- 1½ c. creamy peanut butter, divided
- ¾ c. powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1½ c. heavy cream
- 48 Peanut Butter Oreos
- ¼ c. chocolate chips, melted
- 9 Mini Reese's Cups
- Make the filling: In a medium bowl using a hand mixer, beat together cream cheese, 1¼ cups peanut butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt until light and fluffy. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl using a hand mixer, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Add half of the peanut butter mixture and beat until evenly incorporated. Add the remaining peanut butter mixture and beat until fluffy.
- Spread a very thin layer of peanut butter filling onto the bottom of an 8" springform pan, then top with an even layer of whole Oreos. Spread more peanut butter filling on top of cookies and repeat layering process until you have 4 layers of cookies.
- Spread a final layer of peanut butter filling on top and transfer any remaining to a piping bag fit with a large star tip to garnish later. Refrigerate both cake and peanut butter mixture until cookies have softened, at least 4 hours and up to overnight.
- When ready to serve, melt remaining ¼ cup peanut butter in microwave. Drizzle melted peanut butter and chocolate over cake, then pipe around edges with leftover peanut butter filling. Top with a ring of Mini Reese’s Cups.