Copycat Take 5 Bars
These Copycat Take 5 Bars are the perfect afternoon snack.
- Cooking spray
- 49 pretzel snaps
- ¾ c. creamy peanut butter, such as JIF or Skippy
- ¼ c. unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ c. powdered sugar
- Kosher salt
- ¾ c. dry roasted peanuts
- 1 (11-ounce) bag caramel squares (about 1¾ cups squares)
- 2 tbsp. whole milk
- 1½ c. dark chocolate chips
- 4½ tsp. coconut oil
- Grease the bottom of a 8" square baking pan with cooking spray and line with parchment, leaving a 2" overhang on two sides. Grease parchment with cooking spray.
- Line the bottom of the baking pan with an even layer of pretzels, trimming if necessary to cover bottom of pan without overlapping.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, microwave the peanut butter and butter until melted. Stir to combine. Whisk in powdered sugar and a large pinch of salt until smooth and combined. Pour the peanut butter over the pretzels in the baking pan. Evenly sprinkle the peanuts over the peanut butter. Refrigerate until peanut butter is chilled and firm, about 20 minutes.
- In another medium microwave safe bowl, microwave the caramel squares until smooth and pourable. Add the milk and stir to combine. Drizzle the caramel over the top of the peanut layer. Spread into an even layer. Refrigerate until caramel is firm enough to slice, but not too hard, no more than 15 minutes.
- Cut the chilled treats into squares and freeze until chilled and firm, about 30 minutes.
- In another medium microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate and coconut oil. Microwave until melted and stir to combine.
- Dip each square into the chocolate to fully coat and arrange bars on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm, about 20 minutes more. Enjoy chilled