Everything Bagel Pasta
Everything bagel + pasta = GENIUS.
- 1 tbsp. butter
- ½ c. panko or homemade coarse bread crumbs
- ½ tbsp. flaky sea salt
- ½ tbsp. dried garlic flakes
- ½ tbsp. dried onion flakes
- ½ tbsp. black sesame seeds
- ½ tbsp. white sesame seeds
- ½ tbsp. poppy seeds
- 4 c. water
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 8 oz. short pasta, such as fusilli corti bucati
- 5 oz. cream cheese
- Thinly sliced chives, for garnish
- In a small skillet over medium-low heat, melt butter. Add in bread crumbs and flaky sea salt and stir until toasted and golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Add in dried garlic, dried onion, sesame seeds, and poppy seeds, stirring until well-combined, 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, bring water and salt to a boil. Add in pasta and let cook until al dente, about 6 minutes. Reserve 1 cup pasta water, then drain pasta and set aside.
- Return pot to low heat. Add in ½ cup reserved pasta water and cream cheese, whisking until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add in cooked pasta and toss in sauce to coat evenly. If a thinner sauce is desired, gradually add in remaining pasta water until ideal consistency is achieved.
- Sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning bread crumbs and chives before serving.