Chicken Enchilada Pie
Layer it up.
- Cooking spray
- 5 medium flour tortillas
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (19-oz.) can enchilada sauce
- 3 c. shredded chicken
- 1 (15-oz.) can corn, drained
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 c. shredded cheddar
- 3 c. shredded monterey jack
- Pico de gallo, for serving
- Freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9” springform pan with cooking spray. Arrange 4 tortillas in bottom of pan, pressing up sides. Bake until lightly golden, about 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add enchilada sauce and chicken and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Assemble pie: Spoon an even layer of chicken on top of baked tortilla crust then top with half the corn, black beans, and cheeses. Top with remaining chicken, corn, and black beans; then place remaining tortilla on top and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake until the tortillas are deeply golden and cheese is melty, 40 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then garnish with pico de gallo, cilantro, and sour cream.