Strawberry Pomegranate Sangria
A cheery and bright red wine sangria filled with strawberry and pomegranate.
- 1 lb strawberries, sliced plus more for garnish
- arils (the seeds) from 1 pomegranate
- 2 (750ml) bottles red wine*
- 2 cups pomegranate juice*
- club soda, to taste
- optional: granulated sugar, honey, or agave to sweeten
- Place the sliced strawberries and arils in a large pitcher. Add wine and pomegranate juice. Allow to sit in the refrigerator for 6 – 24 hours. Taste; if you’d like it to be sweeter, add 1-2 Tablespoons granulated sugar, honey, or agave.
- Pour the sangria with fruit into glasses and add a splash of club soda to each glass (this unsweetened fizz is excellent with the sangria!). Garnish with a strawberry, if desired. Feel free to add ice to your glasses of sangria. Do not add ice directly to the pitcher – this waters the sangria down. Which, clearly, we don’t want! Cheers.