Blue Cheese, Walnut and Thyme Pull Apart Puff Pastry Twirl
Our delicious Blue Cheese, Walnut and Thyme Pull Apart Puff Pastry Twirl recipe, so easy to make and great for entertaining.
- 2 sheets of puff pastry (square shaped sheets)
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 100 grams of blue cheese, crumbled
- 100 grams of grated Parmesan cheese
- 50 grams of walnuts, chopped
- 6-8 sprigs of fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180C (350F). Note, we use a gas oven that runs quite hot – you can increase to 200C (390F) in an electric non fan forced oven.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of honey on each sheet of puff pastry.
- Divide walnuts, blue cheese and Parmesan cheese and scatter over each sheet of puff pastry. Top with fresh thyme leaves and season with sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Roll up each sheet of pastry and cut in half lengthways (you may need to tuck the pastry in after cutting to keep filling in).
- On a sheet of baking paper carefully twist each length of pastry and make a round coil shape. Brush with milk and bake in oven for about 25-30 mins until pastry is puffed and golden and cooked through.
- Remove from oven, scatter extra thyme leaves on top and serve warm. Enjoy!