Crispy Oregano Roasted Potatoes with Creamy Feta Sauce
Perfect appetizer or side...potatoes that everyone will beg you to make again!
- 2 pounds mixed baby potatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- ¼ cup fresh oregano, chopped
- ¼ cup, plus ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- ½ cup mixed chopped herbs, basil, dill, or parsley
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1-2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2-4 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- chili flakes
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- On a baking sheet, toss the potatoes, lemon wedges, garlic cloves, and oregano with ¼ cup olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven. Remove the charred lemon and garlic from the baking sheet. Return the pan to the oven for 20-25 minutes more, until crispy.
- To make the herb oil. Finely chop 1-2 roasted lemon wedges – rind and all, discarding any seeds. Chop/mash the garlic into a paste. Add the lemon and garlic to a bowl. Add ⅓ cup olive oil, the mixed herbs, and the honey. Season with salt, pepper, and chili flakes.
- To make the feta sauce. Combine the feta, cream cheese, and lemon juice in a blender and blend until creamy. If desired, thin with additional lemon juice.
- Grab the potatoes from the oven and toss with half the herb oil and the sesame seeds. Swirl the feta onto a large serving plate, then arrange the potatoes over the feta. Drizzle over the remaining herb oil and sprinkle everything with paprika, chili flakes, and sea salt. Eat warm. Sooo delicious.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com