Rosemary Chicken and Avocado Bacon Pitas with Honey Feta Sauce
Quick and easy rosemary lemon chicken stuffed inside pitas with all the extras!
- 1 pound boneless skinless, chicken breasts (or thighs) cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely, chopped or grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 lemon wedges (quartered), plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 slices cooked thick cut bacon, crumbled
- 4 fresh naan or pitas, warmed
- lettuce and tomatoes, for serving
- HONEY'D FETA SAUCE
- 6 ounces feta cheese
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup chopped fresh tender herbs, such as dill, basil, or parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- On a baking sheet, toss together the chicken, olive oil, shallot, garlic, rosemary, paprika, chili powder, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Add the lemon wedges. Bake 15 minutes, toss and bake another 5-10 minutes, or until cooked through. Switch the oven to broil. Broil 1-2 minutes, until the chicken chars on the edge. *Watch closely!
- Meanwhile, make the feta sauce. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Season to taste with chili flakes, then top with mixed herbs and a drizzle of oil.
- To assemble, stuff/spread each pita with feta, then add lettuce and tomatoes. Add the chicken, avocado, and bacon. Drizzle over more feta and additional herbs.
All rights and material belong to owners halfbakedharvest.com