Cajun Chicken Orzo
Cajun Chicken Orzo – this one-pot chicken recipe is packed with flavor and easy to prepare. The perfect midweek meal, creamy and comforting!!
- 3 chicken breasts , cut into small strips
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp butter
- 1 onion , finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tbsp chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste (tomato purée)
- 1 cup (200g) Orzo pasta
- 1 cup (240ml) chicken broth or stock made with a stock cube
- 1 cup (30g) shredded spinach
- ¼ cup (60ml) heavy cream (double cream)
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese , plus extra to serve
- Combine the chicken, Cajun seasoning and salt. Heat the butter and oil in a large pan (a Chef’s pan with a lid is ideal) and pan fry the chicken until it starts to color.
- Add the onion, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, tomato paste and stir to combine. Cook over low heat for five minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the orzo, cook for a minute or so then add the chicken broth. Bring to a simmer, cover the pan and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Orzo absorbs liquid readily so keep an eye on the pan and add a little extra water, as needed, if the pan gets too dry.
- Uncover the pan and test the orzo – it should be almost tender but with a little bite to it. Stir in the shredded spinach so that it wilts.
- Stir in the cream and add the grated Parmesan. You should have a deliciously indulgent creamy dish. Check the seasoning and serve with extra Parmesan cheese.
All rights and material belong to owners supergoldenbakes.com