Smothered Honey Lime Chicken Burritos
These homemade Chicken Burritos are so easy to make since they use a store-bought rotisserie chicken. You'll definitely want seconds of this cheesy dish!
- 1 Package Fresh Flour Tortillas
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken , meat removed and shredded
- ¼ Cup Lime Juice
- ⅓ Cup Honey
- 6 Cloves of Garlic , minced
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 Cups Cooked Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1-2 Cups Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 1-2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Can Pinto Beans , drained and warmed
- Salsa or Pico de Gallo , for serving
- Chopped Cilantro , for garnish
- For the Sauce
- 1- 16 Ounce Jar Herdez Salsa Verde
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream , or to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, honey, garlic and chili powder. Add in the chicken and toss to coat. Place in the fridge for 15-30 minutes, covered with plastic wrap.
- Prepare the rice and beans.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the salsa verde and heavy cream. Set aside.
- Heat the tortillas until pliable. Fill with rice, beans, chicken, and a sprinkle of colby jack cheese. Fold up both ends and roll tightly to close.
- Place the burritos on a baking sheet and spoon the sauce over each one. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-30 minutes (or we like to have the fillings all warm and then just stick the burritos under a broiler to melt the cheese).
- Serve with pico de gallo, cilantro, and / or sour cream.
All rights and material belong to owners ohsweetbasil.com