Honey Jalapeño Turkey Burgers with Avocado Crema
These Honey Jalapeño Turkey Burgers are juicy and flavorful, served on a toasted bun with fresh sweet corn salsa and a quick avocado lime crema.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- ½ small yellow onion, very finely chopped or grated
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- Oil for cooking
- 3-4 toasted hamburger buns and corn salsa for serving
- For the Avocado Cream
- 1 large avocado, flesh removed
- ½ cup cilantro
- ½ cup sour cream or greek yogurt or dairy free alternative
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, onion, jalapeño, honey, spices and salt. Using well oiled hands, form the mixture into 3 or 4 patties with a slight well in the center.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add a drizzle of oil and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in the center.
- Fot the avocado crema, add all ingredients to the container of a high speed blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as you go. Taste for salt and adjust as needed.
- To serve, spread a dallop of crema on each bun, top with a turkey burger, corn salsa and cilantro.
All rights and material belong to owners wanderingchickpea.com