Paprika-Parmesan Smashed Potatoes with Garlic Aioli
Paprika-Parmesan Smashed Potatoes with Garlic Aioli: the ultimate roasted potato side dish. Incredibly crispy, superbly spiced, and served with a downright addictive dipping sauce, they're a must-make!
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1.5 lbs baby yellow potatoes
- 2 ½ tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil (sub avocado oil)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (I use avocado oil mayo, such as Chosen Foods brand)
- 2 Tbsp. plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Place garlic cloves in a piece of a foil and drizzle with 1 tsp. olive oil. Wrap the garlic in foil and place in the oven while it preheats. Continue roasting garlic while you boil the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot, and cover with one inch of cold water. Add 2 teaspoons salt and bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling, set the timer for 15 minutes. At this point, the potatoes should be just past fork-tender.
- Drain potatoes in a colander and let sit for 5 minutes to allow water to completely drain off.
- Remove garlic from the oven and set aside. (Keep oven temperature at 450ºF)
- In a small bowl, combine smoked paprika, oregano, garlic powder, black pepper, and remaining ½ tsp. salt; mix well.
- Drizzle 2 Tbsp. olive oil on your largest baking sheet, making sure to coat all corners. Arrange potatoes on baking sheet, making sure to leave about 2 inches of space in between each one.
- Use the bottom of a measuring cup or a potato masher to gently “smash” each potato down until it is around ½-inch thick. Brush remaining 2 Tbsp. oil over tops of potatoes and sprinkle with spice mixture.
- Roast potatoes for 20 minutes.
- Remove garlic from foil and roughly chop. Use the flat side of your knife blade (preferably a chef's knife) to mash the garlic until it forms a paste. (I use the heel of my hand to press the blade down on the clove.)
- Add garlic to a bowl, along with mayonnaise, yogurt, 1 Tbsp. chopped chives, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and sprinkle each one evenly with Parmesan. Place back in the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Transfer potatoes to a platter and garnish with extra chopped chives. Serve with garlic aioli.
All rights and material belong to owners dishingouthealth.com