Thai-Style Red Curry Meatballs
Meatballs for the win.
- Vegetable oil, for drizzling
- 1 lb. ground turkey (93% lean)
- 1 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1 tsp. finely grated peeled ginger
- 1 tsp. red curry paste
- Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. vegetable or coconut oil
- 1 bell pepper, seeds and ribs removed, thinly sliced
- ¼ c. red curry paste
- 2 (13.5-oz.) cans light unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. packed light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 c. frozen petite peas
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400º. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment or foil and drizzle with oil. In a medium bowl, combine turkey, panko, egg, scallions, garlic, ginger, curry paste, and 1¼ teaspoons salt.
- Using a scoop or spoon, scoop meat mixture and roll into 24 (1½"; 2-tbsp.) balls. Arrange on prepared sheet.
- Bake meatballs, shaking sheet halfway through to turn meatballs, until cooked through and golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- While meatballs bake, in a large straight-sided skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 7 minutes. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, until paste is lightly toasted, about 1 minute more. Stir in milk, brown sugar, fish sauce, and lime juice.
- Add meatballs to skillet and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium to maintain a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is just slightly thickened and meatballs are coated in sauce, 4 to 6 minutes. Add peas and cook, stirring occasionally, until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Top with cilantro, if using.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com