Caprese Chicken Stuffed Peppers
The only way to stuff yourself.
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2½ c. shredded mozzarella, divided
- ¾ c. ricotta
- ⅓ c. shredded fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 bell peppers, halved (seeds removed)
- ½ c. low-sodium chicken broth
- Balsamic glaze, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350º. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add chicken and season with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is golden and no longer pink, 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes, then dice.
- In a large bowl, stir together cherry tomatoes, cooked chicken, 1½ cups mozzarella, ricotta, basil, and garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff tomato mixture into peppers and sprinkle tops with remaining 1 cup mozzarella. Pour chicken broth into baking dish (to help the peppers steam) and cover with foil.
- Bake until peppers are tender and cheese melty, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Garnish with more basil, drizzle with balsamic glaze, and serve.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com