Mini Meatball and Pasta Marinara Soup
TBT: Our Mini Meatball & Pasta Marinara Soup is the grown-up version of SpaghettiOs you've all been waiting for.
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (24-oz.) jar marinara
- 4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 8 oz. sweet Italian sausage, casings removed, shaped into ½" balls
- 1 c. small pasta (such as anelletti)
- 3 c. packed baby spinach
- Freshly grated Parmesan, for serving
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions, carrots, garlic, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften, about 6 minutes.
- Add marinara and chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Add sausage meatballs and pasta and cook, stirring frequently, until pasta is al dente, 9 to 12 minutes. Stir in spinach to wilt and then remove from heat.
- Serve with Parmesan.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com