Herb Roasted Chicken With Spring Veggies
It`s so good you won`t be able to stop eating it,
- 8 chicken thighs skin on bone in
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon zested then sliced or cut into wedges
- 4 shallots peeled and chopped coarsely
- 4 rosemary sprigs stem removed and chopped
- 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme leaves
- 1 lb of asparagus spears trimmed and chopped
- 2 zucchini trimmed and sliced in half lengthwise and then chopped
- 1¼ cup of peas fresh or frozen
- For Topping (finishing the dish)
- ¼ cup of fresh mint torn
- ½ cup of crumbled feta
- Juice of half a lemon or more to taste
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Place chicken thighs in a large shallow roasting pan, season with salt and pepper and toss with the olive oil, lemon zest and slices/wedges, shallots, rosemary and thyme.
- Arrange the chicken thighs, skin-side up, and roast for 40-50 mins until the skin is crisp and golden. Adjust cooking time to ensure chicken is fully cooked through (165 ºF).
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to the boil and blanch the asparagus for 2-3 mins, adding the zucchini and peas for the final minute. (You can also pan fry them in a bit of olive oil if you prefer them done that way. See blog post for further options)
- Drain the vegetables and toss in with the chicken, toss in the mint, and lemon juice as well coating everything well with the cooking juices. Crumble over the feta cheese if using and serve with an extra drizzle of olive oil if desired.
All rights and material belong to owners oliveandmango.com