Herb Roasted Chicken Thighs
These chicken thighs are juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside. So deliciously tender! What an easy one skillet chicken recipe!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 lbs chicken thighs bone-in, skin-on
- Salt and pepper
- Italian seasoning (divided)
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 3-4 thyme sprigs (leaves only)
- 1 tablespoon flour for thickening the sauce
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken thighs with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Cook chicken thighs on medium-high skin side down first to brown it for 4-5 minutes. Flip and cook on the next side for about 4 minutes, for a total of 8-10 minutes. Remove chicken from the skillet.
- Add 2 tablespoon butter, onion and sauté until the onion is browned, 3-4 minutes. Add chopped garlic, thyme and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning and cook for another minute.
- Next add 1 tablespoon flour and cook it in the oil of the pan for only a minute, until it’s no longer white. Add the wine slowly to the hot pan, increasing heat from medium-high to high and cook for a few minutes.
- Now add chicken stock and heavy cream. Stir to combine and let everything cook until it reduces slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Make sure to taste the sauce and add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Return chicken thighs back into the pan with sauce.
- Put in the oven uncovered and cook at 400 for 35 minutes.
- Once time is up, take the pan out of the oven, check if chicken thighs are done. Sprinkle with fresh thyme and serve with roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes or rice.