Citrus & Garlic Salmon Skewers
Woah! We are definitely in love!
- 1½ lb. salmon fillet, skinless, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Juice from 2 limes
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 4 tbsp. avocado or olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- 3 tbsp. flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Sprinkle of chili flakes
- ½ tsp.each sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Assorted thinly sliced veggies, I used red onion, yellow pepper and zucchini
- Black and white sesame seeds
- In a medium size bowl, mix citrus juices, garlic, oil, oregano, parsley, chili flakes, salt and pepper.
- Whisk until blended and toss in salmon pieces to coat. Marinate for 30 minutes. (Don't marinate for longer than 30 minutes or the salmon will start to cook in the citrus juices)
- Preheat broiler and thread salmon onto wooden skewers alternating with veggies. Quick tip, soak the skewers in water for a few minutes to avoid them burning under the broiler.
- Sprinkle salmon with sesame seeds. Broil until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with additional lime and lemon wedges and an extra sprinkle of chopped parsley if desired.
All rights and material belong to owners simplybeautifuleating.com