- 1 pound (2) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- ¼ cup low sodium or gluten-free soy sauce
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, plus more for topping
- 2 thinly sliced scallions, white and green parts
- Place the chicken breasts, 1 at a time, in a Ziploc bag. Pound the chicken breast to an even thickness, about ½ inch thick, being careful not to puncture the bag.
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, apple sauce, onion, sesame oil, ginger, brown sugar, garlic, red pepper flakes, if using and sesame seeds. Reserve ¼ cup of the marinade and transfer the remainder to the Ziploc bag with the chicken. Refrigerate and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Over medium-high heat, grill the chicken for 2 to 3 minutes or until it no longer sticks to the grill. Turn the chicken, spoon the reserved ¼ cup of marinade over each breast and grill an addition 2 to 3 minutes.
I like to serve them in lettuce wraps with brown rice and top it with some spicy Gochujang.
Here’s a video that shows you how to make it:
Best EVER Korean Grilled Chicken Breast Lettuce Wraps – this is my favorite way to make grilled chicken, the flavor is incredible! I like to serve them in lettuce wraps with brown rice and top it with some spicy Gochujang grilled chicken recipe here: http://www.skinnytaste.com/korean-grilled-chicken-breast/
Julkaissut Skinnytaste Torstaina 4. toukokuuta 2017