Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
If you're trying eating light, these asian lettuce wraps are the way to go.
- 3 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha (optional)
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- ½ c. water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Large leafy lettuce (leaves separated), for serving
- Cooked white rice, for serving (optional)
- Make the sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, Sriracha, and sesame oil.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add onions and cook until soft, 5 minutes, then stir in garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add ground chicken and cook until opaque and mostly cooked through, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon.
- Pour in sauce and cook 1 to 2 minutes more, until sauce reduces slightly and chicken is cooked through completely. Turn off heat and stir in chestnuts and green onions. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon rice, if using, and a large scoop (about ¼ cup) of chicken mixture into center of each lettuce leaf. Serve immediately.