French Toast Dippers with Hot Chocolate Sauce
It's what the world has been waiting for - edible jenga. What better reward for having successfully pulled a small stick from a pile of other similar sticks than being able to eat the first stick?
- 1 loaf of white bread, cut into thick slices
- 2 eggs
- 200ml whole milk
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp butter
- 200g granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 300ml double cream
- 150g dark chocolate
- Cut the crusts of the slices of bread and cut them all into equal sticks.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla essence. Dip each bread stick into the resulting mixture.
- Heat the butter gently and fry the sticks on all sides until crispy and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the sugar and cinnamon and roll each stick in this mixture until thoroughly coated.
- Heat the cream and chocolate together in 30 second bursts in the microwave until molten and delicious. Dip the sticks in the chocolate sauce.
How high can you stack this french toast tower?
Julkaissut Twisted Perjantaina 11. tammikuuta 2019