Collard Wrap Burritos
Some people might call you crazy for eating collard greens raw—but we're right there with ya! We love how sturdy they are, and with all these flavorful fillings, we hardly miss the tortilla.
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 c. Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 large collard green leaves
- 1 c. quartered grape tomatoes
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can black beans, drained, rinsed, and warmed
- 1 c. frozen corn, warmed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ c. loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, quartered
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add ground beef and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Drain fat and return to heat.
- Add chili powder, garlic powder, and cumin to beef and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Add cheese in an even layer over meat and cover until cheese is melty, 2 to 3 minutes more. When cheese is melty, remove from heat.
- Lay a collard green leaf flat on a large cutting board. Using a paring knife, remove thick bottom half of stem. Add ¼ of the meat mixture, tomatoes, beans, corn, avocado, and cilantro, then squeeze lime juice over the top. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- To roll, bring bottom of leaf to top of leaf, then fold in sides and roll—like a burrito! Halve and serve.
These low-carb burritos are so good, you won't even miss the tortilla. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/tgeofae
Julkaissut Delish Maanantaina 28. tammikuuta 2019