Matilda-Inspired Chocolate Fudge Cake
You can ignore the ingredients listed on the cake mix instructions; eggs, Greek yogurt, instant pudding mix, and water are all you need to make this confection. However, if you want an outrageously moist cake, you can whip in ¾ cup vegetable oil as you beat in the other ingredients.
- FOR THE CAKE
- All-purpose flour, for flouring pans
- 1 package Devil's Food cake mix
- 1 (3.9-oz.) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 c. plain Greek yogurt
- 4 large eggs
- ½ c. water
- FOR THE GANACHE FROSTING
- 1 pt. heavy cream
- 24 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- Make the cake: Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour the bottom and sides of two 8" round cake pans. Mix all of the cake ingredients in a large bowl and divide batter evenly between the two pans.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out with just a few crumbs attached (no gooey batter), 40 to 45 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the ganache: In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring the heavy cream to a simmer. Once you see tiny bubbles form around the edges, remove from heat and add chocolate chips, whisking until combined. Let mixture chill until it reaches a spreadable consistency, at least 30 minutes, before frosting cake.
- Top one round cake with ganache frosting, then place the second cake on top of it. Frost the top and sides of the cake, and serve.
How To Make A 'Matilda'-Inspired Chocolate Cake
Matila fans, you'll want to make this scrumptious cake for every party.Full recipe: http://del.sh/6009BYb6b
Julkaissut Delish Perjantaina 1. helmikuuta 2019