Flourless Chocolate Cake
The best part about this flourless cake is that it doesn't require any flour alternatives. It's just the perfect cake that happens to have zero flour
- FOR THE CAKE
- Cooking spray, for pan
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- ½ c. (1 stick) butter, cut into large chunks
- 1 tsp. instant espresso powder
- ¼ c. hot water
- 1 c. sugar
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ c. unsweetened cocoa powder (preferably dutch process)
- FOR THE GANACHE
- ½ c. heavy cream
- 1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- Raspberries, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease an 8” springform pan with cooking spray. Place a small saucepan filled halfway with water over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Place bittersweet chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and set over the simmering pot. Stir until chocolate and butter are completely melted. Turn off heat and remove bowl from saucepan.
- Dissolve espresso powder in hot water. Add sugar and espresso to melted chocolate and whisk until completely combined then add eggs and whisk to combine. Stir in cocoa powder.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until just set in the middle and a thin crust forms, about 35 minutes.
- Let cake cool for 15 minutes then remove sides of springform pan. Let cake cool completely.
- Meanwhile make ganache: Place heavy cream in a small saucepan and bring to simmer. Place chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl then pour hot cream over chocolate chips. Let sit 1 minute, then whisk to combine.
- Pour ganache over cake and smooth with an offset spatula. Place in refrigerator until set, 10 minutes.
- Serve with raspberries.
This decadent Flourless Chocolate Cake is SO rich, you'll crave it. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/y95oIaU
Julkaissut Delish Maanantaina 11. helmikuuta 2019