Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake
We're in LOVE with this pound cake.The sweet and buttery cake pairs beautifully with the tart glaze.Throw in some blueberries and you're good to go!
- FOR POUND CAKE
- Cooking spray, for pan
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 4 Large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 c. plus 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour, divided
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 pt. fresh blueberries, some reserved for topping
- FOR GLAZE
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9”-x-5” loaf pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract and lemon zest and beat until combined.
- In a separate medium bowl whisk together 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just combined. In a medium bowl, combine most of the blueberries with 2 tablespoons flour and toss to coat. Fold blueberries into pound cake batter.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and smooth top with a spatula. Sprinkle with reserved blueberries and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make glaze: in a medium bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle over cooled pound cake and serve.
Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake tastes like spring 🍋Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/mcOxsbX
Julkaissut Delish Perjantaina 15. maaliskuuta 2019