Egg Salad Sandwich
Once you boil your eggs, this classic sandwich practically makes itself.
- 9 large eggs
- ¼ c. mayonnaise, plus more for serving
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard, plus more for serving
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh dill
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- 8 slices Bibb lettuce
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Gently lower in eggs one at a time and reduce to a simmer. Cook 10 minutes, then submerge in ice water. Peel eggs, then chop and add to a large bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, dill, and cayenne and season with salt and pepper. Mash and stir until completely combined.
- Serve egg salad on toasted bread on top of Bibb leaves with mustard and mayo.