Lasagna Pockets are absolutely from paradise.
- 500g beef mince
- 2 small carrots, finely diced
- 1 white onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup red wine
- 1½ cups passata
- 1½ cups bechamel sauce
- 1½ cups grated mozzarella
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 8 par cooked flat lasagna noodles
- Fresh basil
- In a large skillet heat 1 tsp oil over medium-high heat. Add beef mince and break apart using a wooden spoon. Add one tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper. Cook until browned. Remove from heat and drain in a strainer.
- In the same skillet heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until beginning to soften, add garlic, carrots and continue cooking until vegetables are soft. Stir in tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Add back cooked mince and stir coat. Season with remaining salt, pepper, and chili flakes. Add wine and cook to reduce about 1 minute. Add passata and cook until just bubbling. Cover with a lid lower heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat to cool.
- Pre-heat oven to 180c (350F). Lay one noodle down horizontally. Spread a thin layer of béchamel over top in the center in a square shape. Top with another lasagna noodle vertically covering the square of béchamel. Spread more béchamel to cover a square again and top with cooled beef mince. Sprinkle over mozzarella evenly.
- Fold over left side first, then bottom, then right, then top piece and tuck in the top left corner under the top corner of the left side. Repeat with remaining noodles and mix. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, greased with a bit of oil.
- Cover each with béchamel, mozzarella and parmesan. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until bubbling and cooked. Grill until just golden brown.