This is the BEST way to upgrade instant ramen.
- 2 3-ounce packages chicken-flavored ramen (I use Maruchan, but any of your favorite brands will work)
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- ½ medium red onion, finely diced
- 1 large carrot, finely diced
- 2 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. distilled white vinegar
- 1 tsp. Sriracha or your favorite Asian chile sauce
- 3 c. roughly chopped baby spinach (about ½ bunch)
- Fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. roasted unsalted peanuts, crushed
- Break each block of noodles in half. Reserve one packet of seasoning (discard the other or save for something else) and set the noodles and seasoning aside.
- In a large pan over medium heat, warm the oil. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the garlic, ginger, onion, and carrot. Cook until the veggies start to soften and the garlic and ginger start to brown, 4 to 5 minutes, then stir in the soy sauce, vinegar, Sriracha, and about ½ teaspoon of the ramen seasoning. Add the spinach, noodles, and ½ cup water, then toss the noodle cakes and veggies in the sauce. When the noodles start to soften (about 4 or 5 minutes), use a large spoon to break them apart and continue tossing them vigorously in the sauce.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook until the water has been absorbed and the noodles are leathery and dry, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add a generous squeeze of lime juice. Taste and add more lime juice if desired, then sprinkle the peanuts on top.
This is the BEST way to upgrade instant ramen.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/ph7e95Z
Julkaissut Delish Torstaina 18. huhtikuuta 2019