Banana Pudding Bundt Cake
Banana pudding lovers, this bundt cake was MADE for you
- FOR THE CAKE
- Cooking spray
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.4-oz.) box vanilla pudding
- 4 large eggs
- ½ c. (1 stick) melted butter
- 1 c. water
- FOR THE FROSTING AND DECORATING
- ½ c. heavy cream
- 1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese
- 4 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1½ c. powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ c. crushed Nilla Wafers
- 1 banana, sliced into coins
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a bundt pan generously with cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, melted butter, and water. Pour into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in middle of cake comes out clean, 45 minutes. Let cool in pan 10 minutes, then run a knife around edges and invert onto a cooling rack. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make frosting: In a large bowl, using a hand mixer beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- In another large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter together until no lumps remain. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth, then add in vanilla. Fold in whipped cream until just combined.
- Using a serrated knife, cut cake in half horizontally. Remove top half.
- Frost bottom half with about half the frosting, then top with crushed wafers and half the banana slices. Top with top half of cake and frost with remaining frosting and garnish with remaining crushed wafers and banana slices.