Is it even summer without fresh tomato Bruschetta?
- FOR THE TOMATOES
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 large tomatoes, diced
- ¼ c. thinly sliced basil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- FOR THE BREAD
- 1 large baguette, sliced ¼” thick on the bias
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a medium skillet over medium-low heat, heat oil. Add garlic and cook until lightly golden, 2 to 4 minutes, then remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl toss together tomatoes, basil, vinegar, salt, and pinch of red pepper flakes. Add garlic and oil and toss to combine. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile toast bread: Brush bread on both sides lightly with oil and place on large baking sheet. Toast bread until golden, 10 to 15 minutes, turning halfway through. Let bread cool for 5 minutes, then rub tops of bread with halved garlic cloves.
- Spoon tomatoes on top of bread just before serving.