Chicken Parm Spaghetti Pie
This Chicken Parm Spaghetti Pie is out of this world!
- 2 chicken breasts, butterflied
- Salt & pepper, to season
- 100g flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 180g panko breadcrumbs
- 1 ltr vegetable oil, for frying
- 800g spaghetti
- 150g parmesan
- 5 eggs
- 250ml double cream
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp black pepper
- Sliced mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 400g tomato passata
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Season the chicken breasts and dip them in the seasoned flour followed by the eggs and the panko.
- Shallow fry in batches of two until golden brown and cooked through. Set on a rack to drain of excess oil.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta to packet instructions. Place it in a large bowl and add the beaten eggs, cream, cheese and seasoning. Toss together thoroughly.
- Press half into a lined square tin.
- Place the fried chicken pieces in the middle and top with sliced mozzarella.
- Top with the other half of spaghetti and bake in the oven until crispy on the edges.
- Meanwhile, fry the garlic in the olive oil and add the onion. Cook until soft then add the passata. Season with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Pour the sauce over the spaghetti and add more cheese. Bake until golden and bubbling.