Cookie Dough Cookie Sandwiches
Cookie Dough Cookie Sandwiches are for those that eat the cookie dough while waiting for the chocolate chip cookies to bake.
- 1 (16.5-oz.) log refrigerated cookie dough
- 5 tbsp. butter, softened
- ⅓ c. granulated sugar
- ⅓ c. packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ c. almond flour
- ⅛ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. heavy cream
- ⅔ c. mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll cookie dough into 16 - 1” balls and place on baking sheets 2” apart. Bake until golden and just set in the middle, about 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make cookie dough filling: In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, then add vanilla. Add almond flour and salt and beat until incorporated, then beat in heavy cream. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Turn half the cookies upside down and using a medium cookie scoop, scoop about 2 tablespoons worth of cookie dough on top. Top with remaining cookies.