Shirley Temple Cake
The drink of your childhood recreated as a cake.
- Cooking spray, for pan
- 1 box cake mix
- 1 can 7-up
- ⅔ c. maraschino cherries without stems
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- ¼ c. Maraschino Cherry Juice
- ¼ c. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 12 maraschino cherries with stems, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a bundt pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine cake mix with can of 7-up.
- Toss stemless cherries with flour and fold into cake batter. When smooth, pour into prepared bundt pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before inverting onto cooling rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make glaze. In a medium bowl, combine powdered sugar with cherry juice, cream, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth and fully combined.
- When bundt cake is cooled, drizzle with glaze. Top with maraschino cherries and serve.