Cornbread Stuffing Bites
All stuffing is great, but we think cornbread stuffing is the ultimate. These portable stuffing bites are dangerously good.
- 10 oz. cornbread, cut into ½" to ¾" cubes
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. crumbled sweet Italian sausage
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large stalk celery, cut crosswise into ¼" pieces
- 2 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- ½ c. low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ tsp. McCormick ground black pepper
- ¼ c. dried cranberries
- 3 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spread cornbread on a large rimmed baking sheet. Toast, tossing halfway through until golden and crisp, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add sausage and cook until golden, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl.
- Return skillet to medium heat and melt butter. Add onions, celery, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 minutes. Season with salt.
- Add broth and pepper. Cook, stirring until the mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat and scrape into the large bowl with the sausage. Let cool slightly.
- Stir toasted cornbread, cranberries, parsley, and eggs into bowl with cooked vegetables, tossing until bread absorbs liquid and everything is coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners. Fill each with stuffing.
- Bake until cooked through and golden, 15 to 18 minutes. Let cool slightly.