Lemon Poppyseed Crêpes with Blueberry Cream Cheese Filling
That blueberry cream cheese filling might get you to ditch Nutella forever.
- Lemon Poppyseed Crêpes
- serves about 8-10 (makes about 25)
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 3 tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tbsp. butter (melted)
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. poppy seeds
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Filling
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- zest of ½ a lemon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¾ cup blueberries
- (you may want to double this recipe to fill all the crepes,
- we used this recipe for half of the crêpes and Nutella for the other half.)
- Sift together flour, sugar and salt and set aside. In a large bowl combine milk, beaten eggs, vanilla, lemon, lemon zest and poppy seeds and whisk until combined. Beat in flour mixture until smooth with no lumps and then stir in melted butter.
- In a separate bowl add softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla and beat with an electric beater until smooth and combined. Add blueberries and smash with a fork until combined. Set aside and as it sits the blueberry juice dyes the filling a pretty purple.
- Heat a lightly greased pan over medium high heat and pour about a little less than ¼ c. of batter (about 2-3 tbsp.) into the pan. As you are pouring the batter rotate the pan with your other hand to spread out the batter into a circle as thin as possible. Cook about 2-3 minutes on both sides and serve hot with blueberry filling. Top with more lemon zest, drizzle with maple syrup, and dust with powdered sugar for some extra prettiness!