Perfect Grilled Hanger Steak
This grilled hanger steak is PERFECT for an at-home date night.
- ¼ c. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ c. lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1½ lb. hanger steak
- Vegetable oil, for grill
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a baking dish, whisk together oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire, sugar, and garlic in a bowl. Place steak in marinade and turn to coat. Cover with plastic. Let stand, turning steak occasionally, at least 1 hour at room temperature, or up to 4 hours in refrigerator.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Remove meat from marinade and pat off excess with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill, turning once, until medium-rare, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes. Slice meat against the grain.